[Samba] WinY2k Access Denied on Printing

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at Kaman.com
Fri May 17 09:50:03 GMT 2002

Adam,

  Just one more thing, and I'll go away,
I promise!  ;-)

If you set "disable spoolss=no", then install
all of the printer drivers you can, and
set "disable spoolss=yes", you should be able
to install the printers as Network Printers,
(not Local, as I mentioned in the last post)
connected to the LanMan Printer Port
(as in 2.2.1a), but pull the drivers off of
the samba server, from [print$].

It works like that for me;  but with "=yes",
the Printers icon doesn't appear.  If I
double-click on the samba shared printer icon,
I can view the properties.

I can list myself or @wheel in the
admin users, printer admins, and write list
now, without any "access Denied" issues....

So what?  Enable spoolss support when you
want to install printer drivers on the server,
then disable it.  Save you from going back
to 2.2.1a, maybe.

Jim