[Samba] WinY2k Access Denied on Printing

Adam Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Fri May 17 05:07:04 GMT 2002

>I assume this sentence:
>re-add they can't print for a little while before
>really should be: re-add they can print for a little while before

Yes.

>This sounds like authentication (how would I know).

This identical config worked without this problem under Samba 2.2.1a.  If
it was authenitcation how would they be able to print at all?  It does
work, but only for awhile.

>Have you tried easing up on the security, making the print share guest ok =yes.

Every printer queue stanza looks like this:

[traps]
        comment = Traverse City Optra Laser Printer
        path = /tmp
        create mask = 0700
        guest ok = Yes
        printable = Yes