[Samba] WinBind does not work well with Rational ClearCase ( bug fix attached :)

Jazdzewski, StephenX A stephenx.a.jazdzewski at intel.com
Thu May 16 12:58:02 GMT 2002

Gerald,

Comment quote:
"This should really be made into a 'winbind force group' smb.conf parameter
or something like that."

Originally in winbindd_user.c:
 00375 #if 0
 00376         /* Look in cache for entries, else get them direct */
 00377
 00378         if (winbindd_fetch_user_cache(ent->domain->name,
 00379                                       (struct getpwent_user **)
 00380                                       &ent->sam_entries,
 00381                                       &ent->num_sam_entries)) {
 00382                 return True;
 00383         }
 00384 #endif
 00385
 00386         /* For the moment we set the primary group for every user to
be the
 00387            Domain Users group.  There are serious problems with
determining
 00388            the actual primary group for large domains.  This should
really
 00389            be made into a 'winbind force group' smb.conf parameter or
 00390            something like that. */
 00391
 00392         group_rid = DOMAIN_GROUP_RID_USERS;
 00393
 00394         if (!domain_handles_open(ent->domain)) {
 00395                 return WINBINDD_ERROR;
 00396         }

Now (2.2.4) in winbindd_rpc.c:
                for (j=0;j<count;i++, j++) {
                        (*info)[i].acct_name = unistr2_tdup(mem_ctx,
&info1.str[
j].uni_acct_name);
                        (*info)[i].full_name = unistr2_tdup(mem_ctx,
&info1.str[
j].uni_full_name);
                        (*info)[i].user_rid = info1.sam[j].rid_user;
                        /* For the moment we set the primary group for
                           every user to be the Domain Users group.
                           There are serious problems with determining
                           the actual primary group for large domains.
                           This should really be made into a 'winbind
                           force group' smb.conf parameter or
                           something like that. */
                        (*info)[i].group_rid = DOMAIN_GROUP_RID_USERS;
                }

                talloc_destroy(ctx2);
        } while (NT_STATUS_EQUAL(result, STATUS_MORE_ENTRIES));

Thanks again,

-Stephen Jazdzewski, Steve at Jazd.com