[Samba] Name Resolution, Pinging

Adam Cormany acormany at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 12:52:10 GMT 2002

Ok, I just finished compiling libnss_wins.so:
1) I did a `make nsswitch/libnns_wins.so
2) I found mixed documentation saying to copy
libnns_wins.so to /lib, some docs say with the name
libnns_wins.so, some with libnns_wins.so.2. I did both
just in case:)
3) I added wins to my "hosts:" field in
/etc/nsswitch.conf
4) I restarted smbd/nmbd just in case.

I still can not `ping acormany` though. Am I missing
something?