[Samba] winbindd not working - linux s/390

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu May 16 09:54:02 GMT 2002

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 01:50:12PM +0100, Grietens, Marc wrote:
> > Tim,
> >
> > Weren't you working on a similar problem.
> >
> > Folks,  can you get a backtrace in gdb to help
> > us deteremine where the crash is?  Thanks.
>
> Note: it seems to happen when 'winbindd seperator' is set to '+'
>
> If you need something more, just ask...
>
> bye,
> Marc
>
> -- gdb below ---
>
> linuxt1:/usr/local/samba/lib # gdb winbindd 7017
> <snip loading output ...>
> (gdb) c
> Continuing.

> 0x400fb6ca in strlen () from /lib/libc.so.6
> (gdb) backtrace
> #0  0x400fb6ca in strlen () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #1  0x400c91d6 in vfprintf () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #2  0x400ecdbc in vsnprintf () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #3  0x454ebe in talloc_vasprintf ()
> #4  0x454e62 in talloc_asprintf ()
> (gdb) c
> Continuing.

This is not a full backtrace. We need a backtrace that
goes all the way back to main() to tell us what the
problem might be.

Can you get a full backtrace with winbindd compiled with
-g (so we get line numbers).

We can try and reproduce this but it may be something
that only happens on Linux S/390 - it looks like a
varargs issue, that is usually platform specific.

Jeremy.