[Samba] Name Resolution, Pinging

Adam Cormany acormany at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 09:37:02 GMT 2002

I am running redhat 7.3 with Samba 2.2.4. I was
wondering if there was a way to use Samba to resolve
my IPs instead of having to add all the entries to my
/etc/hosts file? For instance, I would like to be able
to do `ping acormany` instead of `ping <IP Address>`.
We are currently using WINS on a Windows box to
resolve the IPs. As of right now, I can `ping
acormany` on a Windows system, but not on my Redhat
7.3. Can this be resolved through Samba? If so, could
someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Adam Cormany