[Samba] Problem with Samba 2.2.4 & XP/2000 ?

Marcel J.E. Mol marcel at mesa.nl
Thu May 16 08:11:17 GMT 2002

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 09:52:14AM -0500, Gerald Carter wrote:
> On Thu, 16 May 2002, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>

> > Someone mentioned to me that there were known issues with v2.2.4 and
> > XP/2000 ... I've searched the archives, and can't find anything that looks
> > pertinent ...
>
> None that I know.
>
> > specifically, users appear to be able to connect to shares no problem,
> > read files from them, but not write back to them altho permissions and
> > ownership on the files looks correct ...
>
> This is news to me.  Did I miss something?

Hm I  remember having this sort of problems a couple of weeks ago on
an samba 2.2.3a server and XP clients.
THe users complained that they coyuld not read the files although
permissions were ok. I could not investigate at that point and
suggested that the copied the whole 'folder' to a new 'folder'.
In the new folder the could happly update the files...
(but I still did not check what was wronf in the first place.)

-Marcel
--
     ======--------         Marcel J.E. Mol                MESA Consulting B.V.
    =======---------        ph. +31-(0)6-54724868          P.O. Box 112