[Samba] How to turn off annonymus shares enumeration

Marek.Feszczuk at siemens.pl Marek.Feszczuk at siemens.pl
Thu May 16 03:48:03 GMT 2002

Hi,
How to turn off annonymus shares enumeration?
When I "login" without user and password my system allow to list of shares
(look below).
This is security hole, and I want to turn off it. How?

regards,
Marek Feszczuk

debian:/etc# smbclient -L  10.10.10.10
INFO: Debug class all level = 1   (pid 17613 from pid 17613)
added interface ip=10.10.10.10 bcast=255.255.255.255 nmask=0.0.0.0
Password:
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[TEST] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.2.4]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
        fax            Printer   Fax
        respond        Disk      Respond Program
        app$           Disk      Aplikacje
        IPC$           IPC       IPC Service (DEBIAN Server)
        ADMIN$         Disk      IPC Service (DEBIAN Server)

        Server               Comment
        DEBIAN               DEBIAN Server

        Workgroup            Master
        TEST                 DEBIAN