[Samba] Unable to run make during installation gives WARNING!

Suwaminathan Jeiganesh sjeiganesh at hotmail.com
Thu May 16 01:05:04 GMT 2002

Hi,
   I am trying to install Samba-2.2.4 in HP-UX 11.00. The configure portion
of the installation was successful but when running the make script I get
the following messages
Compiling smbd/connection.c
cpp: "/usr/include/sys/xti.h", line 488: warning 2001: Redefinition of macro
TCP_NODELAY.
cpp: "/usr/include/sys/xti.h", line 489: warning 2001: Redefinition of macro
TCP_MAXSEG.
cc: "include/vfs.h", line 49: warning 617: Redeclaration of tag
"files_struct" ignored.
cc: "include/rpc_misc.h", line 319: warning 617: Redeclaration of tag
"user_creds" ignored.
Finally after doing make install the smbd and nmbd daemons dont start.
I have configured SWAT and SWAT works fine except the status page. It does
not show the status. All the other pages work fine.
Can someone help me resolve this problem.
Thanx in advance.
Warm Regards,
S.Jeiganesh.