[Samba] Samba 2.2.3a and password expiration?

amoote at ivhs.com amoote at ivhs.com
Wed May 15 07:36:02 GMT 2002

Kristyan,

Could you include an example of the line that should have an X in it?
An example of a user account in my smbpasswd file looks like this:

user1:534:A1A5B0874448159FAAD3B435B51404EE:6ABAE7DCC640DE72D2505DD883373F24:[U

         ]:LCT-3CD7CF34

I am having the same issue as these guys where the password will expire
(seemingly daily) and we have to manually reset it.  However, it's not
being reported by all of our users, just a select few.  FYI, we run Redhat
7.2, krnl 2.4.18 w/bestbits.at ACL/EA patches.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Alan B. Moote
Systems Administrator
MARK IV Industries
tel: 905.624.7908
fax: 905.625.6197

                      "Kristyan Osborne"
                      <kris at longhill.brighton-h        To:       "Peter Peltonen" <peter.peltonen at fivetec.com>
                      ove.sch.uk>                      cc:       <samba at lists.samba.org>
                      Sent by:                         Subject:  RE: [Samba] Samba 2.2.3a and password expiration?
                      samba-admin at lists.samba.o
                      rg

                      04/04/02 03:55 AM

Sorry my mistake, everyone should have the X set so that the password
expiry does not happen. If you unset the X then this means the expiry is
set.

Cheers

Kristyan Osborne IT Assistant Manager
Longhill High School