[Samba] Printing not working with Samba 2.2.4

Samba Samba at guidemail.com
Wed May 15 06:49:02 GMT 2002

I have setup a basic samba configuration without winbind, using
security=user.  I have a usermap file that maps everyone to the user ftp.  I
can see the username being changed to ftp and the user being allowed access.

Yesterday I had everything working, no errors in the log.  NOTHING has
changed from yesterday to today, I know this because I'm the only one who
works on samba right now.

Today when I browse to the printer (with M$ NT) and try to open properties
on it I get the error "Print properties cannot be displayed"

I also get the following in log.smbd:

[2002/05/15 08:11:26, 0] rpc_client/cli_pipe.c:rpc_api_pipe(359)
  cli_pipe: return critical error. Error was NT_STATUS_INVALID_PIPE_STATE
[2002/05/15 08:11:26, 0]
rpc_server/srv_spoolss_nt.c:srv_spoolss_replycloseprinter(177)
  srv_spoolss_replycloseprinter: reply_close_printer failed [DOS code
0x0000001f]

I'm stuck, I've searched the newsgroups and havn't found anything on this
error message.

Can anyone help ??

Thanks !!

Josh Konkol, CNE MCSE