[Samba] Printing WIth Cups

Jason Stewart jstewart at rtl.org
Wed May 15 05:53:30 GMT 2002

Hi Kevin,

I'm not sure if you mean getting CUPS to work by itself, or getting it to
work with Samba, but there are decent docs over at www.cups.org that will
tell you how to get up and running. I found that the CUPS docs on getting
set up with cups and Samba was only lacking in one area. I ended up having
to define [printers] in my smb.conf to get Samba and Cups to play nice
together.

As far as getting Cups to work with other apps, it should be no different
than the generic lpd system. You still use an lpr command to print your
document.

Cheers,
Jason