[Samba] RE: Samba 2.2.1a - ls inconsistancies.

Tom Hartwell tom.hartwell at bbc.co.uk
Wed May 15 04:18:20 GMT 2002

	( Correction to last email sp6 not sp5 )

> I am running Red Hat 7.2 and using smbmount to mount a PC share from a NT4
> SP6 Workstation.
>
> I have a folder, in this share, of around 300 files and when I do ls -l I
> get inconsistencies.
> Sometimes files are missing, and if I keep repeating the command the files
> are then appear again.
> Other times the size information is wrong.
>
> No one else is using, or changing, any of the files on the source
> workstation.
>
> Red Hat 7.2 comes with:
> 	samba-common-2.2.1a-4
> 	samba-client-2.2.1a-4
> 	samba-swat-2.2.1a-4
> 	samba-2.2.1a-4
>
> I would be grateful for any advice on how this can be solved asap.
>

> Tom Hartwell
> Senior Systems Analyst
> BBC MediaArc
>
> *	Work:	020 822 57710
> *	Fax:	020 857 68727
> *	Room 4663, Stage 6
> 	Television Centre, Wood Lane,
> 	London,  W12 7RJ
> *   mailto:tom.hartwell at bbc.co.uk
> *   http://www.bbcmediaArc.com

If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use,
copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify
the sender immediately. Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent
or received. Further communication will signify your consent to this.