[Samba] Timestamp problem

Bill Maidment bill.maidment at elgas.com.au
Tue May 14 18:49:34 GMT 2002

Hi
With Samba 2.2.3a and 2.2.4, I'm experiencing strange behaviour with
timestamps when copying a file from NT to Linux.
The time stamps don't compare as equal, even though they appear to be
the same. I'm using dos filetime resolution = yes, so the Linux time is
rounded, but it seems that the rounding doesn't occur when copying (or
is it in the compare?)

The problem shows itself up when copying (on the NT machine) with option
copy newer files only, with files that are supposedly the same. Some
file copy, others don't.

Anyone got any clues as to what it going on here?

Cheers
Bill Maidment