[Samba] ldap pam and samba

Peter Hübschen pehu at wiwi.uni-sb.de
Tue May 14 13:39:03 GMT 2002

Hello,

I haven't tried it, but hopefully soon I will (there are some problems
with the LDAP-server (nds). I think this should work:
- compile samba with the "--with-pam" option
- install nss_ldap and pam_ldap, configure them, test them
and it should work.

I had the following testsetup and it worked:
- Client configured with nss_ldap and pam_ldap.
- OpenLDAP-Server on an other box
and I could login from the client. So the way was:

login -> pam -> pam_ldap -> LDAP-Server
and it worked.

You have the following way:
samba -> pam -> pam_ldap-> LDAP-Server
so I think, this should work.

One thing I'm not sure about:
If you want to use samba as PDC for Win2k/XP this doesn't work via pam.

Hope that helps
Peter