[Samba] smbclient

Michael Collins Michael.Collins at kmcnetwork.org
Tue May 14 13:03:02 GMT 2002

I am trying to setup samba ver 2.2.2-hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.00.tar so that i can attach a unix share to a windown xp and windows 2000 workstation, when i try and run :
smbcleitn -L computername -N
i get:
added interface ip=172.27.20.34 bcast=172.27.20.255 nmask-255.255.255.0
session request to 172.27.112.187 failed (Calledname not present)
session request to 172 faile (Called name not present)
anonymous login successful
doman=[junk] os=[windows5.1] server=[windows 2000 lan Manager]
sharename  type  comment
error returning browse list: errdos - errnoaccess (access denied)

anyone have any direction for me to go into next the diagnostic web page doesnt have this listed in it??
please help
thnxs

Michael E. Collins

Confidentiality Notice:
This message and the accompanying documents or attachments may
contain information which is privileged and/or confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, discuss,
disclose, copy, or distribute the contents of this message.
If you have received this information in error, please immediately
contact the Kettering Medical Center Network Department whose number
is listed on the message and destroy all evidence of this
correspondence.