[Samba] will not start

Darren darrens at versadanet.com
Tue May 14 09:45:02 GMT 2002

Greeting

I have down loaded Samba for my Sun Sparc 450 Server. Operating system is  Solaris 2.8 or 8 to some people. I have tried to get Samba to go but I am running in circles. The package is in /usr/local.   For some reason I can not get Samba to start. I have downloaded the newest version of Samba 2.2.4

I have unloaded the package and it just will not start. I have tried the usual smbd -D with no luck.

I have also download and successfully loaded Samba RPM on my Linux 7.2 Server. I have noticed that on The Linux the package loads in to /etc.

If any body can give me an idea I would appreciate it.

Darren