[Samba] Newbie question

Mark.Cuthbert at yorkshirewater.co.uk Mark.Cuthbert at yorkshirewater.co.uk
Tue May 14 05:59:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

This may be well documented , but hey I can only ask.

I have just installed Samba 2.0.7.0 onto AIX 4.3.3, from the Bull freeware
site.

However, although I can connect to an exported share from NT4 useing use *
\\servername\sharename, which works just fine. I cannot get to connect to
the share and get results from the following  dir \\servername\sharename.

This is giving me grief, I installed Samba cos the FastConnect product from
IBM has been falling over. and the app that we use uses similar searches to
the above command (which works fine in NT and using FastConnect AND ASU for
Tru64 Unix)

Is there some server configuration I have missed that will get this
working??

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Mark

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Yorkshire Water Services Limited
Registered Office Western House Halifax Road Bradford BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682