[Samba] Trust domain

abartlet at samba.org abartlet at samba.org
Tue May 14 04:21:02 GMT 2002

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 10:44:41AM +0100, Juer Lee wrote:
> Hi, All,
>
> I upgraded my samba to 2.2.4 recently. There is one question about
> trusted domain.
> If I set 'winbind use default domain' to yes

This feature is not supported in Samba 2.2.4.

The fact that this paramater exists at all was a merge side-effect, not a
intended action - it was meant to be left undocumented.  I know that it has
some bugs in it, and thse are being fixed (and tested) in HEAD/samba_3_0

Regarding your problem - the winbind protocol now uses seperate domain and name
feilds in places - hence the wbinfo display.  Only when output is to unix
nsswitch or PAM functions are the 'default domain' rules applied.

Users wanting 'winbind use default domain' functionality are directed to try
the CVS HEAD or samba_3_0 branches.

Andrew Bartlett