[Samba] Roaming Profiles with WinNT 4

Brunner Richard Richard.Brunner at dynadata.at
Tue May 14 00:16:03 GMT 2002

Dear Mailinglist!

I´ve a AIX 4.3.3 - machine with Samba 2.2.3a, which is working as a Primary Domain Controller for about 25 PC´s with Windows NT 4.0 SP 6.
The domain-logons are working but I´ve the following problem.

If I log off from a WinNT machine most of the times (about 70 %) the profile does not get copied back to the domain controller.

I tested it the following way:

1)       ls -l /usr/local/samba/profiles to look at the profile-time stamp
2)       make a domain logon with a win NT client
3)       change something in the profile
4)       logoff
5)       ls -l /usr/local/samba/profiles to look at the profile-time stamp again

Do you have any clue what could be the reason for my problem ?

Thank you very much for your help.
Richard Brunner

Richard Brunner
Dyna Data Informatik GmbH
A 6850 Dornbirn/Austria, J.G. Ulmerstrasse 21

tel ++43 - (0)5572 - 90 80 90
fax ++43 - (0)5572 - 90 80 905

richard.brunner at dynadata.at