[Samba] Wierd 2000/XP problem

Brad Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Mon May 13 19:37:03 GMT 2002

Kieran Farrell wrote:

>Heyas,
>
>Not so much sambas fault,

not at all actually - this would happen even if you were logging in an
NT domain.

>but when I log on as a user, some of my installed
>software ceases to work. I get missing file errors, corrupt file errors etc.
>
>When I log on locally the programs work again. I had the same problem when I
>was using 2000 server, I got around it by making all my users domain admins
>(not preferable but it worked).

you can do that with samba too - but the right fix is to loosen up the
permissions on the appropriate files on your clients. Finding out which
files
will probably involve a fair amount of trial and error.

good luck!

brad