[Samba] Lock file problems? smb_open and smb_readpage_sync issues

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Mon May 13 16:36:02 GMT 2002

On Mon, 13 May 2002, Sanjiv Bawa wrote:

> Thanks for your response.
>
> How do I get the clients to use a share on the second box without a second
> logon. The other box is already defined as a PDC.....

If both machines are in the same domain (and the clients too) there should
be no need to login. Make the samba server be a member of the domain of
the win2k box and set it up to auth. users vs the domain.

password = domain etc.
(see the samba docs for details, DOMAIN_MEMBER or similar)

If you can't do that, then ...

> Is it possible for me to turn off locks completely for this share, seeing
> that the Win2k box should enforce locking anyway...

If you think it will help.

It shouldn't make any difference since smbfs doesn't pass the locking
requests on to the server. And it won't help the -26 issue anyway as that
one is caused by someone else having the file open already and has
nothing to do with locks on the samba server.

/Urban