[Samba] Can't Access 2.2.4 Shared Folders Now

Jim Hale jim-ml at halemail.dyndns.org
Mon May 13 16:33:02 GMT 2002

This is new - when I was running 2.2.3a, I was able to connect to shared
Linux folders without a problem. I THOUGHT I had them setup the same way
but apparently there's something new I have to set with 2.2.4. Can
someone point out what it could be? I added the user names into the
samba passwd file via SWAT. This is what I get now:

'The mapped network drive could not be created because the following
error accured: The account is not authourized to log in from this
station.'

Windows machine is a Win2K machine and I used to have W: mapped to
/var/www/ and J: mapped to /home/jim/. Any points in the right direction
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim Hale
---