[Samba] How to provide local auth and remote domain access.

George Farris farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Mon May 13 14:30:05 GMT 2002

Here is the situation:

I have a local Samba server with a domain called DOMA.  I have win98 and
win2k users that authenticate to DOMA and use the server as a file and
print service.

Now, there is also a remote Win2K server that is known as DOMB and users
also have resources on that system they require access to.

Can I join the Samba DOMA to the win2K DOMB domain and share resources
between them or at the very have access to the shares on DOMB.

What is the best route to take here.  I could use winbind but I don't
want to lose the ability to create and manage local accounts.

Hope this makes sense.

George Farris		                 Computer Support Cowichan
farrisg at mala.bc.ca                    Malaspina University-College

A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

------- Electronic Frontier Foundation  http://www.eff.org -------