[Samba] samab and 2000

Drew Price drewp at mcm.com
Mon May 13 11:35:14 GMT 2002

Good day Andrew,

I am hoping you can solve an issue for us or point us in the right
direction.
I have searched for this on the net and asked friends etc... and still do
not
have a solution.

We are running windows 2000 clients (svc pack 2). The sun server is running
solaris 2.5.1. The samba version is 2.0.7.

We are having drive disconnect problems. Sometimes we can reconnect,
sometimes
not. All the times it keeps asking for username/password.

Right now we have a box 'locked out'. I can use mine and connect the drives
no problem.
They are rebooted and I've restarted smb/nmb.

There appears nothing obvious in the logs for either smb and syslog.

The user name and password are over 9 chars long. It hasn't changed in
months.

Thanks you in advance for any help you can give.

Regards,

Drew Price
IT Operations
Mellon Capital Management