[Samba] copy a large volume of data from PC to samba server

Bob Crandell bob at assuredcomp.com
Sun May 12 18:46:03 GMT 2002

Hi,
I guess I responded directly to you.  Sorry, I meant to respond to the list.

I was under the impression you had mounted the PC drive.  One way to mount it is:
mount -t smbfs -o username=user,password=pass //computer/share /mnt/point

Then /dir1 = /mnt/point.  Of course, if /mnt/point is made available through Samba,
then you can use Windoze Explorer.

I hope this helps.

--
Bob Crandell