[Samba] Building source rpms does not build all the rpms.

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sun May 12 16:25:02 GMT 2002

On Sun, 12 May 2002, Chris Mason wrote:

> The problem is, rpm will not install it without either removing the old
> packages first or forcing the install with --nodeps.
> Thanks for the info, I got the redhat version which are only a little older
> and is working very well. I have a fresh server to setup next week and I will
> use the samba rpms from scratch.

Ok. I just check the SPEC file and can see why. The line that says
"Provides:" should be changed so that the packages it obsoletes are shown
in a line that has, "Obsoletes:" and then lists the package names. If you
make that change then the resulting package should install and
automatically remove the obsoleted packages.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org