[Samba] Samba Upgrade Weirdness

Ash Ridley ash.ridley at ash-ridley.net
Sun May 12 14:23:02 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I'm trying to upgrade Samba from v2.2.1a-4 to 2.2.4-2 and I've having
some problems.

First off when trying to use the rpm -U command I get an error that
samba is dependant on samba-swat (which I cant seem to find the same
version as sambe for) so I decide to remove both the existing Samba and
Samba swat and then install the new one. I uninstall both of them but
then while trying to install the new version I get error saying that
there are conflicts with files from the older version (which should no
longer be there). I confirm the files are present so I remove them
manually (rpm confirms the packages are no longer installed) however
when trying to install the new version again I still get an error that
there are conflicts with the older files I just manually deleted.

I'm pulling my hair out over this, can anyone tell me what I'm doing
wrong?

Cheers

Ash