[Samba] printing fails

Stefan Schilling mail.suse at gmx.de
Sat May 11 17:07:02 GMT 2002

Guten Tag Joel Hammer,

Am Sonntag, 12. Mai 2002 um 01:34 schrieb Joel Hammer:

> When you say you tried it and it doesn't work, what exactly did you do?
> Show me your /etc/printcap, your filter file, tell me what happened when
> you tried to print, what is in status.winlp or whatever. And, you did run
> checkpc -f and stopped and started lpd?
> Are you getting unformatted garbage on the printer?

> Joel

Hi Joel!

1) Thanks for answering so fast...
2) printing started but quit after the first 2 lines...,
3) command "checkpc" is unavailable, so I couldn´t run it.
4) /etc/printcap is looking like you wrote, except that the
directory is ../lpd/smb

No, I don´t get any garbage, it´s good formatted by the (win98-)
sender, but it just stopps. That´s the whole problem. Also, the
printer doesnt give me the paper automatically, I´ve to grab it.

God night, I´m going to bed now (here in Germany it´s 2am)

Stefan

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Stefan Schilling                            mailto:mail.suse at gmx.de