[Samba] Samba does not work over masquerade

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Fri May 10 16:05:03 GMT 2002

David:

> Its not a samba problem.  NetbiosDGM needs to be proxies.  If you can
> use ipfilter, look at the netbios proxy.  I believe port 137 needs to
> be proxied as well.  The netbiosdgm proxy in ipfilter changes part of
> the payload in the netbios dgm packet to work with NAT.

I am not sure what you are talking about.  This is well beyond
my current understanding.

I am running a freshly-installed RedHat 7.3 distribution.

Are there instructions on setting this up on a RedHat 7.3 machine?

Thanks,
	Neil.

--
Neil Aggarwal