[Samba] Win98 join a PDC

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at Kaman.com
Fri May 10 12:34:02 GMT 2002

Log in from the W98 client and run smbstatus
on the server, to see what shows up....

You can set the log level to 3 or higher, and
look in the log.w98pc (or whatever the hostname is)
during the failed/successful attempts to see
why it fails the first time and works the second.

The same (domain?) user account is being used on
both the Win2k/W98 login attempts?

Jim