[Samba] After reIP, Samba hosts not browsable.

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Fri May 10 10:34:03 GMT 2002

If you are set up to use WINS this is definitely your problem.
If possible upgrade your samba systems to 2.2.4. Previous
versions had a bug where the would not register with the
WINS server if there was an old registration there - even
if that was no longer being defended.

"Van Sickler, Jim" wrote:

> Did you update the hosts/lmhosts files on
> all of the servers & clients?  If not,
> they still contain the IP info from your
> old scheme...
>
> Jim

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177