[Samba] copy a large volume of data from PC to samba server

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at Kaman.com
Fri May 10 10:21:04 GMT 2002

What kind of clients?

If it's NT/Win2k/XP, you could use the
"at" service to run a batch file...use
robocopy or scopy to do the transfer...

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Tian-xiong Lu [mailto:tianl at agrecon.canberra.edu.au]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 9:29 PM
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: [Samba] copy a large volume of data from PC to samba server

Hi there,

Is there someone over there knows a method or script
that can copy a large volume of data (in folders) from PCs
to a samba server (suppose there is enough space there)?

I know using smbclient or smbtar can backup data on PCs
to samba server, but it is written in tar files.I wonder whether
this method can handle a large folder, say, in 10GB size.

Also, using smbclient with mget and recurse on, one can
copy folders from PC to samba server. But in doing so,
it is in interactive mode and keeps asking yes/no to continue.
Is there a way to get rid of these prompts?

Thanks,
Tian.