[Samba] still problems with password-expiration

William H. Lacy lacywil at vetmed.auburn.edu
Fri May 10 08:12:01 GMT 2002

We have been trying to find a solution to this also. We are getting this
message on our w2k samba domain machines after 14 days of being logged on.
I haven't tested this long enough to be sure but this might get rid of the
message: admin tools ->local security policy -> Local polices-> security
options -> prompt user to change password before expiration - set it to
zero.

Also check the following:
admin tools ->local security policy -> Account polices -> Password Policy
-> Password Policy -> Maximum Passord Age - I have ours set to 0

William H. Lacy
System Administrator                        www.vetmed.auburn.edu/~lacywil
Computer Group                                   lacywil at vetmed.auburn.edu
Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine             (334)844-3705