[Samba] still problems with password-expiration

amoote at ivhs.com amoote at ivhs.com
Fri May 10 05:21:02 GMT 2002

Stephan,

I have the same problem  I don't know what to do to resolve it.  I am still
in the process of migrating the users to the Samba server so I haven't yet
focused on resolving this minor inconvenience.

Regards,

Alan B. Moote
Systems Administrator
MARK IV Industries
tel: 905.624.7908
fax: 905.625.6197

                      "Stephan M. Ott"
                      <sambalist at okdesi        To:       "Samba Mailing List" <samba at lists.samba.org>
                      gn.de>                   cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [Samba] still problems with password-expiration
                      samba-admin at lists
                      .samba.org

                      05/09/02 06:16 PM

Hi folks,

I knew this was recently discussed but I still couldn't get it to work.
I still have the problem that the users on the W2K-Clients get the message
about the password going to expire in 5 days when joining the
Samba-PDC-Domain.
Even if the users change the password, this message keeps coming...
I have no idea what to do to avoid this message...
Funny thing is, the password DOES NOT expire in 5 days.. only the popus in
windows keeps on coming after logon. It always tells about 5 days... every
day the same :)
Did I miss a posting which told the solution ?

Thanks in advynce

Stephan