[Samba] still problems with password-expiration

Stephan M. Ott sambalist at okdesign.de
Thu May 9 15:19:24 GMT 2002

Hi folks,

I knew this was recently discussed but I still couldn't get it to work.
I still have the problem that the users on the W2K-Clients get the message
about the password going to expire in 5 days when joining the
Samba-PDC-Domain.
Even if the users change the password, this message keeps coming...
I have no idea what to do to avoid this message...
Funny thing is, the password DOES NOT expire in 5 days.. only the popus in
windows keeps on coming after logon. It always tells about 5 days... every
day the same :)
Did I miss a posting which told the solution ?

Thanks in advynce

Stephan