[Samba] Logging in to the domain

Alexander Skwar lists.ASkwar at DigitalProjects.com
Thu May 9 15:19:03 GMT 2002

Hi again! ;)

Sorry if I'm being a pest, but I'd really like to be able to have my
samba as a PDC.

Okay, I've now joined the domain and rebooted.  Now I'd like to login to
the domain.  On the login screen, I've chosen a name which is in the
LDAP and thus should be a domain user.  I've also selected to login to
MDKGROUP (domain name); ie. I changed it from "VIRTUAL-TEICH (this pc)".

When I click on Ok to login, Windows right away pops up an error
message:

Das System kann Sie nicht bei dieser Domäne anmelden, da das
Computerkonto des Systems in seiner primären Domäne fehlt, oder das
Kennwort für dieses Computerkonto falsch ist.

Translation: Can't login to domain because the machine account is
missing from the primary domain or because the password for this machine
account is wrong.

Well, I've obviously missed a step.  But what?  I also wonder about the
"password is wrong" part.  I've never been asked for the machine account
password.  Is this correct?

samba 2.2.4 on MandrakeLinux 8.2.

Thanks again,

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:	http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:	http://www.iso-top.de      |    Jabber: askwar at a-message.de
   iso-top.de - Die günstige Art an Linux Distributionen zu kommen
                       Uptime: 5 hours 17 minutes