[Samba] Quickbooks data corruption...

Southeastern Computer Services scs at brooks-auto.com
Thu May 9 09:28:03 GMT 2002

I'm running a redhat 7.2 server with samba functioning as a file server for
a windows network.  The workstations are running windows XP Pro.  I am
having a problem with the qbooks data file getting corrupted almost daily,
and sometimes multiple times a day.  Any suggestions as to how I might
troubleshoot this problem?  I have set strict locking on for this share and
forced the files and directories to a group that everyone has access to.
I'm just wondering if it could be a cabling problem, but don't know the best
way to diagnose.  Thanks for any help.