[Samba] Printing Problems from ACT with samba

Shaun Schembri sschembri at infratec-pro.de
Thu May 9 07:49:02 GMT 2002

Hello everybody,

I have a Windows 2000 SP2 on which I am running act and users use the
Terminal Server Client to access it.  My problem is that when I try to
print from ACT I get the following error in the samba log file

[2002/05/09 11:16:01, 0]
rpc_server/srv_spoolss.c:api_spoolss_open_printer_ex(42)
  spoolss_io_q_open_printer_ex: unable to unmarshall
SPOOL_Q_OPEN_PRINTER_EX.
[2002/05/09 11:16:01, 0] rpc_server/srv_pipe.c:api_rpcTNP(1200)
  api_rpcTNP: api_spoolss_rpc: SPOOLSS_OPENPRINTEREX failed.

I am running samba 2.2.4 on a suse 7.2 machine.

I have tried different drivers but still the same problem arises

Can anyone help on this problem.

Thankx in advance
Shaun