[Samba] Error when running smbldap-passwd.pl from idealx

Alexander Skwar lists.ASkwar at DigitalProjects.com
Thu May 9 04:31:02 GMT 2002

Hi again!

I've installed the smbldap-tools 0.6 package on my system.  I've
modified /usr/local/sbin/smb*conf.pm and changed the $suffix and
$bindpasswd to reflect what I've at the server.

I've then added a user to the system with "smbldap-useradd.pl -m user".
When I run smbldap-passwd.pl, I get the following error message:

[root at teich smbldap-tools]# smbldap-passwd.pl Admin
Changing password for Admin
New password :
Retype new password :
Change password of an LDAP user

usage: /usr/bin/ldappasswd [options] [user]
  user: the autentication identity, commonly a DN
Password change options:
  -a secret  old password
  -A         prompt for old password
  -s secret  new password
  -S         prompt for new password
Common options:
  -d level   set LDAP debugging level to `level'
  -D binddn  bind DN
  -f file    read operations from `file'
  -h host    LDAP server(s)
  -H URI     LDAP Uniform Resource Indentifier(s)
  -I         use SASL Interactive mode
  -n         show what would be done but don't actually search
  -O props   SASL security properties
  -p port    port on LDAP server
  -Q         use SASL Quiet mode
  -R realm   SASL realm
  -U authcid SASL authentication identity
  -v         run in verbose mode (diagnostics to standard output)
  -w passwd  bind passwd (for simple authentication)
  -W         prompt for bind passwd
  -x         Simple authentication
  -X authzid SASL authorization identity ("dn:<dn>" or "u:<user>")
  -Y mech    SASL mechanism
  -Z         Start TLS request (-ZZ to require successful response)
Can't return outside a subroutine at /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-passwd.pl line 173, <STDIN> line 2.
[root at teich smbldap-tools]#

Any ideas about what's going wrong here?

Using MandrakeLinux 8.2, samba 2.2.4 and OpenLDAP 2.0.21.

Thanks,

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:	http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:	http://www.iso-top.de      |    Jabber: askwar at a-message.de
   iso-top.de - Die günstige Art an Linux Distributionen zu kommen
                       Uptime: 3 days 19 hours 7 minutes