[Samba] losing print driver associations on reboot

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at Kaman.com
Wed May 8 14:05:03 GMT 2002

Check your Makefile for proper dir's-I had to
edit it to fix the sysconfdir= entry.  For
some reason it ignored it in my input file...

  You may have some hosed defaults in it, which
would lead to odd behavior.  I had to change my
samba spool dir's when I went from Mandrake to
OpenBSD, as OBSD flushed /tmp on restarts.  All
of my spool dir's would go away on restarts.  Now
my print spool dirs are set to:

lprng=/var/spool/lpd (in /etc/printcap)
samba=/var/spool/samba (in /etc/samba/smb.conf)

Jim

http://www.samba.org