[Samba] Is 2.2.3/4 as reliable as 2.0.10?

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Wed May 8 10:57:02 GMT 2002

No problems here with 2.2.3a.  I'm getting ready to deploy 2.2.4, so I can't
comment on it, but I don't expect any trouble.  There were some winbindd
instabilities in 2.2.2 and earlier, but they seem to have been cleared up.
By all means try it on a test machine before deploying it in production, but
I've been running it on RedHat 7.0 and 7.1 with no problems.  I'd say Samba
has been getting more stable over time, not less.