[Samba] losing print driver associations on reboot

Nick Pietraniec nickp at campbellco.com
Wed May 8 09:32:23 GMT 2002

Hello all, I've got a strange problem with Samba 2.2.4.  I'm able to
associate print drivers to printers (raw queue in cups).  My clients are
able to see that the drivers belong to the printers, and they download
them, but as soon as the server reboots, I lose my driver associations
and I need to once again specify a driver on the windows end.  The Print
server was an upgrade from Samba 2.2.2 running RedHat 7.2 and CUPS
1.1.14.  I reverted back to 2.2.2 and everything is again working fine,
but I'm wondering why this is happening with 2.2.4

Thanks for your help

-Nick