[Samba] Automatic Printer Driver Downloading - Does it work?

Jay Ts jay at metran.cx
Wed May 8 07:58:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has gotten automatic printer driver
downloading to work?

The problem I'm seeing here is while trying to upload a printer
driver to the Samba print server using Windows 2000 or XP.
The Add Printer Driver Wizard runs ok until I click on the
Finish button, then it requires a Windows 2000 Advanced Server
CD-ROM to be installed, to get a driver out of the
printers\NT4\I386 directory.  Is there any way around this?

Jay Ts
jayts at iname.com