[Samba] Secret is bad

Konkol, Josh JKonkol at guidemail.com
Wed May 8 06:03:02 GMT 2002

I have two suggestions:

1.  I would change your winbind separator.  I think it's confusing if you
use the default '\'.  To do this add a line to your winbind segment that
says:

	winbind separator = +

2.  In my experience with "Secret is Bad", I had a 90% fix rate when I did
the following

	Deleted all files under %sambaroot%\private
	Re-created the samba machine account using:
%sambaroot%\bin\smbpasswd -a -m MACHINENAME$
	Delete the computer account in the domain using Server Manager
	Re-joined the domain using:  %sambaroot%\bin\smbpasswd -j DOMAINNAME
-r PDCNAME
	Then check the secret again.

As soon as you get your secret to report back good, it should stop asking
you for username and password.

Hope this helps !!

Josh Konkol, CNE MCSE
Senior Network Analyst