[Samba] Secret is bad

Thamara Wanigatunga thamara at jkcs.slt.lk
Wed May 8 01:47:02 GMT 2002

Why do i get the message

Secret is bad
0xc0000022
when i do a wbinfo -t?. Wbinfo -u and -g works. also getent passwd and
groups also is working fine it shows all NT user stats. I shall attach my
smb.conf

# Global parameters
[global]
      workgroup = SOME_DOMAIN
      netbios name = E15K
      security = SERVER
      encrypt passwords = Yes
      update encrypted = Yes
      password server = 10.10.255.251
      socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
      os level = 33
      wins server = 10.10.255.251
      winbind uid = 10000-20000
      winbind gid = 10000-20000
      template homedir = /samba/shares/%D/%U
      template shell = /bin/sh
      guest account = ftp

[TEST]
      comment = For testing only, Please
      path = /samba/shares/test
      username = SOME_DOMAIN\user1,user1
      valid users = SOME_DOMAIN\user1,SOME_DOMAIN\user2,SOME_DOMAIN\user3
      admin users = SOME_DOMAIN\user1,SOME_DOMAIN\user3
      read list = SOME_DOMAIN\user1
      write list = SOME_DOMAIN\user1
      read only = No
      guest ok = Yes
      hosts deny = host1
      browseable = No

Also why does it prompt for the username/password when i change the
security option from server to domain.

Pls help