[Samba] passwd encryption

Mohamed Aly maly at rite.com
Wed May 8 00:04:02 GMT 2002

john
thanx for your reply but iam not agree with you coz i think that
"Encrypt Passwords = yes" option is used  just when other NT machines want to
connect to your samba server coz NT by default using encrypted pass so i have
to enable passwd encreption on my samba server and define the encreption
passwd file for it .
but iam asking about the reversed operation . when iam tring to connect to NT
machine from smbclient command the passwd is encrypted as well or not ?
"iam tring to be sure about it coz i dont want to let someone sniff my NT
passwd :)) "
thanx alot