[Samba] General Problem

Parthasarathi Biswas parthax at yahoo.com
Mon May 6 23:27:02 GMT 2002

Hello,
I have been facing this problem for quite some time.

1.The following is my log.nmbd:

[2002/05/06 18:51:10, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_logonnames.c:become_logon_server_success(116)
  become_logon_server_success: Samba is now a logon
server for workgroup WORKGROUP on subnet 192.168.0.1
[2002/05/06 18:51:15, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_become_dmb.c:become_domain_master_stage2(117)
  *****

  Samba server AGNI is now a domain master browser for
workgroup WORKGROUP on subnet 192.168.0.1

  *****
[2002/05/06 18:59:23, 0] nmbd/nmbd.c:sig_term(65)
  Got SIGTERM: going down...

2.My linux server has ip 192.168.0.1 and there are 13
more win98 clients.
7 of them have been assigned static ip and for the
rest i want to assign dynamically through dhcp.

I have configured my dhcp and dns both.

3.Now----I can see my linux server in win98 net hood
but cannot access it.it says \\server not accessible
make sure the path is correct.But I can ping my linux
server from win98 cleint by ip but not with the name.

4.from linux server i can connect to my win98 client
by smbclient plus the nmblookup works for all win98
clients from the linux server but when I do the same
thing for itself nmblookup fails for for itself.

Pls advise asap what could be the problem.I do not get
any error from testparm plus i can connect to all my
shares in the linux server when i do smbclient and any
win98 username.

=====

Best Regards,

Parthasarathi Biswas

"Those who Sweat in Peace, Bleed Less in War -- Believe in Yourself"