[Samba] Re: Quickbooks 2000 multiuser on Samba file server access denied

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Mon May 6 17:54:01 GMT 2002

On Mon, 6 May 2002, Randy S wrote:

> Are there settings I need to add to get Quickbooks multiuser to work on a Samba
> fileserver?
>
> The Quickbooks data resides on a RedHat 7.2 box running Samba 2.2.1a. The
> clients are Quickbooks 2000 pro; one is one client win98 and two are win2k. It
> works fine as long as only one person is accessing the data. All users have
> their Quickbooks software set to multiuser. When additional people try to
> access the data they get an error stating that there are "insufficient
> priveleges or permissions." (sorry i don't have the exact text of the error but
> i haven't seen it myself and am offsite)

I have not done this for 3 or 4 years BUT when I did it I found that the QB files
needed to be rwx for the users accessing. The rw part is obvious but the x part
was what drove me up a wall for a long time. There are some QB control files that
need the x bit set also.

HTH,

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl at rogueind.com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....