[Samba] smbstatus

David W. Chapman Jr. dwcjr at inethouston.net
Mon May 6 10:30:31 GMT 2002

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 11:50:11AM -0500, Gerald Carter wrote:
> On Mon, 6 May 2002, Davide Parise wrote:
>
> > 	What does this mean?
> >
> > root at www:/package/samba-2.2.4/source# smbstatus
> > INFO: Debug class all level = 2   (pid 3280 from pid 3280)
> > connections.tdb not initialised
> > root at www:/package/samba-2.2.4/source#
>
> That you've not run smbd yet.

I get this error

rns02# smbstatus

Samba version 2.2.4
Service      uid      gid      pid     machine

Failed to open byte range locking database
ERROR: Failed to initialise locking database
Can't initialise locking module - exiting

I believe smbd isn't creating locking.tdb.  If I take a locking.tdb
from another machine it works fine though.

--
David W. Chapman Jr.
dwcjr at inethouston.net	Raintree Network Services, Inc. <www.inethouston.net>